So, I am 32 weeks pregnant. For those of you who aren't "week" savvy, that is about 7 1/2 months. I took this pic a few minutes ago, and I am holding my belly to make me look more pregnant. My belly does not actually look that big in real life. People keep telling me how "tiny" I look, which I am quite thankful for because I am quite comfortable, I sleep very well, and I can still bend over and touch my toes. I am grateful that my belly growth seems to have surpassed my butt growth in the horizontal dimension. The only issue I have (besides the flare of up the reoccurring back issue, but that is practically gone now) is the heat. I am not normally a sweaty person, but shoo wee, I am a SWEATY MESS these days. Just a little vacuuming around my office makes me drip.This afternoon I had an ABC luncheon at Ron Shuller's Creative Images, which is only about a mile from my office - too far to walk on a hot & humid day, too short of a drive to get the AC really pumping in the car. On my way back, I was pretty hot, and then when I parked my Jeep and rolled up my windows, I realized in a panic that I could not get the key out of the ignition. I remember the previous owner telling me this often happened to her, but I could NOT remember the trick in the "heat" of the moment. So I opened the door to get some air, and then the DINGING started! The incessant DINGING to let me know the door is ajar while the keys are still in the ignition! (Really Jeep? Let me remove the key then, oh wait! It's stuck!) I tried about 37 times and could not get it out, so I frantically call Liz, the previous owner, and she quickly instructs me to make sure the car is all the way in park - to push the gear shifter as far forward as possible. It worked, thank goodness. I emerged from the car a complete ball of sweat, from my head to my toes. I felt like I had just jumped into a pool in my clothes. Yuk.
All in all, pregnancy is awesome for me, and I am getting really excited about meeting the little dude. Mom is hosting a shower for me in Evansville on Sunday, and I am pumped to get to see my family and celebrate Junior.
10 comments:
this is a great story. the fact that you sweat now cracks me up so much. you never ever would sweat before!!
Funny, glad your friend was available to talk you through the key extraction. Looking forward to seeing you Sunday and little junior! Dont' forget your antipersperant!
That was your mooder!
Love that belly! Great story!
Kara
how great! I hope you keep enjoying these pregnancy days- fun times!
Do you sweat yet from your belly resting on your legs when seated?! That's the worst! Hope you're not swelling too!
Lisa - that has not happened yet - something else to look forward to! I do get sorta grossed out when my boobs rest on my belly now when seated. I am swelling a bit. Esp when its hot, or I am seated too long. However, if I lie down on my side for about 30 min, it totally goes away!
I know I shouldn't have...but I was laughing my ass off reading this. I had Jordan in late August. Ah, summer in the Delaware Valley with high 90's and 90% humidity. I feel for you, pure empathy. Great pic! : )
random question, why are the D, A, and E capitalized? Does that mean anything?
hey girl! this is a great story, i am glad everything worked out ;) I wish i could be at your baby shower sounds like a lot of fun!!! :) love ya and tell everyone i said hey!
Post a Comment