6.02.2009

it's official...

I am giving birth in just a couple months. There is a baby inside this tummy, and he will need to get OUT, so Paul and I registered for our "birthing" class yesterday. We opted for the one-day, 7 hour crash course in "how-to" deliver a baby. Talk about cramming! I also signed up for the "how-to" breastfeed class, which is only a 2 hour session on a Tuesday night, which was *FREE* with my enrollment to the day of hell (er, um, full day child birth class.) Paul was encouraged to attend the breastfeeding class, so we will see what that is like for him. Not sure what he is going to get out of it besides probably seeing a lot of boob.
Good Sam Hospital. Where this kid will be borned.

I will go ahead and answer the typical questions I am asked these days when greeted by people that know I am pregnant:
  • I feel great - no complaints! Minor swelling, no heartburn.
  • I'm due August 20.
  • It's a boy.
  • No, we don't know the name yet, and if we did I wouldn't tell you.
  • No, we really don't have the nursery (I prefer calling it 'kid room') ready yet. But we have really good ideas.
  • I will probably opt for the epidural. (I have nothing to prove.)
  • Yes, I am going to try breastfeeding.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Krissy and I went to that same breastfeeding class together. You are right, a guy would not have gotten anything out of it, except feeling awkward.

We didn't do the birthing class. I wonder what they tell you. I wonder how "listen to the nurses and do what they say" can last 7 hours. I'll be interested in what they tell you.

Leslie Ober said...

I second Rachel's comment about the beastfeeding class not really being for the hubby. I am SO glad that Kevin didn't go with me. There were maybe 2 dads there and I felt so bad for them...very awkward...and yes, lots of BOOB. :)