- I went to the doc yesterday, and I had gained 8 pounds in 4 weeks. That is just astounding to me - to be just gaining tons of weight and it is OKAY. Well, that was probably a bit much, I think, but we went on vacation. and there was SHRIMP AND GRITS. and delicious pastries. and BACON. Needless to say, I was already a big kid, and I weight a LOT now. I just hope I don't surpass PO.
- I was surprised at how tasty the orange tinted "glucose drink" was I had to down in 5 minutes to see if I had gestational diabetes and anemia. It was like Tang with 2 extra cups of sugar added. (and btw - no iron or glucose probs for me! yay!)
- The little dude kicks a LOT. Several people have felt him kick by putting their hand on the belly - Paul, Jenn and Christiney. He's kicking quite a bit at this moment, actually. Love it. It's not as weird as I thought it would be. Its just like, "oh, guess that was the dude."
- I am starting to get the special pregnancy treatment by strangers. For instance, I bunged up my FIRST EVER PEDICURE by tripping and falling the other day - same day I got it done. I went back for them to touch up my pretty blue nails, and they didn't charge me a dime! Would they have done that if I were not pregnant? I think not! Also, people will come to a screeching halt when I am trying to cross the street, etc. It's nice. I even got a mother's day gift from my husband.
- I have zero tolerance for cheesy baby crap. The more I look at the baby stuff we are "supposed" to buy, the more I don't want it. We just discovered over the weekend that we don't have to buy ANY furniture for the baby room! (Well, we will probably buy some sort of rocking chair) Someone already gave us an awesome crib, and turns out my existing bedroom furniture matches it. We're just going to move a dresser and night stand in there and voila! done. That means WE get new bedroom furniture rather than the kid. Nice.
- I have decided that I am not listening to any annoying nightmare childbirth stories. There will be no fear mongering Amy! If you have a scary story - forget it. I won't listen! Someone told me painful sob story the other day, and I was able to magically turn my ears off - and still nod and pretend I was listening. I couldn't tell you a single thing she was talking about. So don't even try!
5.12.2009
weird - - part 2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
haha - funny stuff amy. i like your thinking - u get the new furniture fun ;) and very good on tuning out the stories!
Mike and Christine were right. You are not very big. You look adorable. Yes, don't listen to anyone. You will find out for yourself.
They are right. You are looking great. Keep us updated when the baby pops out.
You can get bedroom furniture here.
fun times!! :) oh...and just be happy that you don't have a tiny thing for a hubby. i surpass kevin in weight by the end of the second trimester each pregnancy! such a lovely feeling. ;)
I put on lots of weight at each appt and it is quite shocking! And I totally surpassed Brian at the end...the good news? It's only been 11 days and 33 of the 45 I gained have disappeared!!
You have nothing to worry about with labor - piece of cake! While I have yet to capture my labor story, as soon as it was over, I told Brian I wanted to do it again! That book you got me was awesome!
Post a Comment