3.25.2009

weird observations on being PG


I have had some recent observations / phenomena occur about being pregnant that I thought I would share:
  • I am a klutz. Yes, I usually am, but more now. Take this morning for instance, I was burning up in the bathroom while getting ready, so I opened the window a bit and propped the door open with the trash can. (for some reason our door automatically shuts). As I was leaving I opened the door and kicked the trash can (hard) totally forgetting it was there. Q-tips and kleenex were spewed everywhere. Duh.
  • I spill my food. My belly isn't even very big yet, but I guess my posture reflects this subtle change. Today while eating my soup at my desk, I spilled all the way down my shirt. I spill salsa on myself at Mexican restaurants, ice cream on my blanket while watching tv, etc.
  • My belly has been tingling. I think this is the little dude moving around. Very cool.
  • I find myself talking, outloud, to the little dude while driving in the car. The other day I found myself telling him how much he is going to love puppies. And basketball.
  • I don't mind if people touch my belly (granted they ask first). I think its wicked cool that it's very HARD - not smooshy at all. I think this helps me validate that there is a reason I am getting chubbier - "See? feel that? Its NOT flab! It's a KID."
  • I love reading about the development of the little dude, but I won't read a thing about what could go wrong, or how a c-section works. I don't need to worry - the kid will be fine. My doctor will let me know it if I need to.
  • My nose is runny a lot, and I sneeze a lot.
  • I do not miss coffee, or wine. Both sound kinda gross right now. I do want a turkey pesto sandwich, however... I would kill for cold cuts right now.
  • I sleep - a LOT. This is quite a change from non-pregnant Amy. I need 8-9 hours of sleep per night. I sleep like a ROCK.
I may continue adding to this list. I am sure I will think of more...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It will only get more interesting!

Jenn said...

I love these observations! I love how you have decided not to worry! I wish i could do that in my daily life.

I was going to buy you these for the KID's room, but they are $240. I love you, but I'm not sure if I can spend that with a clear conscience in this economy, or with my salary.
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=22740738

erin said...

haha - these are great amy :) fun stuff.

Rachel said...

Missing turkey sandwiches is definitely the hardest part. In fact, we had friends bring a Potbelly turkey sandwich to me in the hospital an hour after Cana was born. It was the most delicious sandwich of my entire life.

didi said...

Haha, love all this!
You know, my nose is SERIOUSLY runny all the time. Is that from pregnancy? I had no clue what was happening!
I am missing sushi... bad!

Lisa said...

I'm giving you another month before this list multiplies by leaps and bounds - pregnancy is the most interesting thing!

Michelle Brol said...

Ha ha... loved your observations! I broke down today and just had a turkey sandwich....I figure I should be ok...it was free at work and I just couldn't resist!!