8.31.2008

MY flowers

One of the things I was most excited about when buying our house was the fact that I would get to plant my own flowers in the beds out front. Mom (and Grandma) always had gorgeous flowers lining the driveway and around the house. We planted these beauties in early May, and they really didn't start looking awesome until a few weeks ago.
For some reason I am unbelievably proud of these little guys. It seems so "grown up" to have cared for my own flowers at my house.
I am not a purple person, but I am glad we decided on purple flowers to match the (weird) purple paint on the house. I think its cool.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

wow. these are so beautiful! Great job, Amo. You are an official grown up. I think this now qualifies you for taking care of a dog.

Anonymous said...

Your flowers are GORGEOUS! Mine are for the most part done. My geraniums are going for a second round of blooms though. I had to water yesterday. It is so dry. I was dripping with sweat and I was only standing holding a hose! I really like the purple and red! Grandma would be VERY PROUD of those!

Lisa said...

Amy! They look great! Well done!

Krissy said...

They do look GREAT! I need to come see them in person. Good work Amo! BTW - see my response to your post on Rachel's blog about post-pregnancy brain.