One of my favorite Christmas gifts this year was, believe it or not, a pair of black, shiny, skin-tight, padded-butt spinning shorts! After over a year of spinning for exercise, I finally decided I would withstand the embarrassment of wearing a piece of grossly tight clothing for comfort while riding on that tiny, hard-as-a-rock seat. The difference is notable - I can go faster without getting the cuffs of my running shorts stuck on the seat when riding "out of the saddle," and no sore hiney. Its fantastic.
Another thing I love about spinning is that my twin, Jenn, goes with me. At the end of the year I switched gyms so Jenn and I could work out together each morning at The Williams Y. I love getting the chance to see her each morning. Soon, Jenn will be teaching spinning, and I will be thrilled because she said she would let me guest DJ. Awesome.
Today we were on bikes next to each other, facing the mirror. No one usually looks at the mirror because they are sweating it out, head down towards the floor. But Jenn and I look at the mirror all the time so we can make goofy faces at each other and dance. Dancing on a spinning bike is a little tricky, but when they're playing good U2 and Madonna, you can't help it.
3 comments:
Glad you liked your present!
mom is a good gift-giver.
I sing and dance in my classes too. My teachers plays ABBA so I can't resist "Dancing Queen".
Post a Comment