1.06.2008

the debut of WOOKIE

Last night, Brian (aka Burgy), Justin, Paul, Jenn and I formed the new rock sensation, WOOKIE. Yes folks, the band is made up of Burrgo the lead guitarist, Jayme the lead singer, and Pizton, the drummer. It was a rockin' good time. Of course, it was much harder than it looked - I was a terrible drummer, and the foot pedal for base freakin' made your shin terribly sore. The most fun part of the band, I think, was being the lead singer. My only complaint was the fact that there were only 5 or 6 songs to choose from early on. I got sick of hearing them over and over. You can buy more online, which is just weird. Jenn and I didn't even know that you could get online from the Playstation 3 as we browsed songs to purchase. I thought Burgy would have to go get his laptop. Jenn's quote to Burgy summed up our lack of knowledge on gaming these days: "You just got on the internet. On your Nintendo.(?)" Classic.
Just look at the focus on Justin's face.
The intensity in Paul's eyes.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

sweet -- I want to play rock band so bad! When we were in Austin the company that produces it set up a stage and huge sound system in a park. People who were REALLY good were playing in front of hundreds of peeps -- just like a real band.

Jenn said...

I love how your cell phone camera simply couldn't contain the energy I had for Bon Jovi's DEAD OR ALIVE.

Rock Band is the best video game ever. Except I've never played Wii.

Kim said...

Ha ha. PO's face is intense playing on the drums.

I played Guitar Hero with Kelly P. and Alissa on Saturday night; I am not very good. Hehe. However, Rock Band looks pretty sweet!

Anonymous said...

You need to practice more!

Jenn said...

shut up Richard.

April said...

Rock Band is AMAZING!! I played it a couple of weeks ago at the salon Christmas party, and I was an amazing bass player. Not so much on drums though.
You should check out Dancing With The Stars on Wii! Now THAT is a good time! No one could beat me!! I'm ready to shell out the money for a Wii just so I can play that game all day long.

April said...

Rock Band is AMAZING!! I played it a couple of weeks ago at the salon Christmas party, and I was an amazing bass player. Not so much on drums though.
You should check out Dancing With The Stars on Wii! Now THAT is a good time! No one could beat me!! I'm ready to shell out the money for a Wii just so I can play that game all day long.

Anonymous said...

THat is so FUN! Yes, keep practicing!