1.08.2008

have your dress and eat it too.

During a slow night at the wedding mall last week we decided it was time for a fashion show. So I was elected as the one to try on the dresses from the dress "overstock" shop now gracing our presence at the mall. The dresses are, well, sub-par. Frankly, the are awful. I tried on three or four, and Pat took a few pics on her new blackberry for me. The first dress pictured was amazingly bad - granted I have never worn a strapless dress (or strapless anything for that matter) - it was heavy, tight, itchy, unflattering, and covered in tiny, rolled up fabric roses. I am not sure it shows well on the photo, but the roses were 3-D, and very closely resembed roses made of icing that typically cover wedding cakes, not dresses. Someone commented that this dress "Takes the cake" of all the bad ones I tried on.... The someone more adequately announced, "That one IS the cake!"

The next one was probably the "nicest" I tried on. (Although my arm looks fat in the pic - weird - my arms are BUFF.)






The third was my least fave - I cannot wear form fitting dresses for obvious reasons, but I thought the pic was too good (bad) not to share....

6 comments:

Jenn said...

you are right. the fat arm dress isn't half bad. maybe only 40% bad. I like the ruffles.

thanks for taking one for the team so we could enjoy these pics.

Leslie Ober said...

Awesome photos, Amy!

April said...

Good stuff! Hey, I heard them mention amo ink on Q102 for the wedding giveaway. Congrats on that! I know the couple that won last year, it's a cool contest.
And I guess I haven't seen you in a while because your hair is LONG!! I can do something about that you know...

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE THE BEST! I love the photos especially the emotion you put into it!

Rachel said...

That top pic cracks me up. Love it!

Heidi said...

That first one is fantastic.