11.20.2007

We are thirty.

I've been 30 for a good 4 days now, and things seem to be going just fine. I have not doubled over in pain, and I have not found any wrinkles or grey hairs. Shoo!

Friday was about as good a birthday as a girl could ask for. It started out at the gym bright and early with Jenn. (See her blog on details of that experience.) Then I went to my studio, where I worked until 1:30-ish because Krissy, a dear friend, offered to work my afternoon so I could have time off on my b-day! I had not even considered taking off, what a fantastic idea. So PO and I went to see Into the Wild - it was very, very good. I had actually not read the book, but always intended to. I still think I may. The soundtrack was incredible - with several original songs by Eddie Vedder. (love) We headed to Jenn's after the show - where my "life-friend" Ryan made us a fantastic dinner of tasty rolled steak, polenta with gorgonzola, and yummy asparagus. Dessert was UNBELIEVABLE - Ryan made us EACH a dessert, claiming that even though we are twins we each deserve our own b-day cake. She made (FROM SCRATCH) red velvet cupcakes and a NY style cheesecake. I just cannot believe what awesome friends I have....
We also played a feisty game of Catan, which PO won. Ryan had not played in years, but had an excellent game.Presents were also awesome. PO got me a collection of shirts from Park + Vine, Jenn got me a collection of presents from ETSY, and Mom sent us each a photo book of pics from the surprise party. The winner was, hands down, the mini scrapbook Jenn made for me entitled 30 Reasons Why AMO ROX. It brought me to tears. She is the best.The AMO ROX scrapbook. (note the cute headband Jenn also got me.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! WHat a Grand 30th! Ryan is quite the chef! WOW red velvet cupcakes and a cheesecake. WHEW, you are SPOILED. But...you do deserve it. Can't wait to see the book Jenn made you. Bring it at Thanksgiving.

Jenn said...

so glad you liked everything! it was a superior birthday!

Kim said...

I totally want that headband! I have a headband obsession. Any idea where it was purchased? B/c I might need one in a different color.

amo said...

I know you love headbands.... I thought of you when I opened it! She got it on Etsy - a website where you can by handcrafted items - www.etsy.com - - but maybe Jenn can tell you the seller so you don't waste your life away searching thru page after page of headbands. There is so much stuff on that site. Anyway, the headband fits great b/c it has a little piece of elastic on the back, and its REVERSIBLE. In fact, I am wearing it right now. :)