
One of our very awesome CSM kids from Crossroads, Katie, found this fantastic company called
TOMS SHOES. This cool guy named Blake Mycoskie noticed on a trip to Argentina that the kids had no shoes. So, he created a shoe company that donates a pair of shoes to a child in need for every pair purchased. On their website, they challenge you to have a "Style Your Sole" party where you purchase blank white shoes to decorate and have an awesome time helping kids in need. Katie went to PO with the idea, and so Friday night we hosted a party for Jr. High kids, Saturday night for Sr. High kids. Pictured is my very own pair of TOMS. I waited until Saturday's party to style mine - I was too intimidated on Friday to try. You may not be able to tell online, but I sprayed silver glitter over the entire shoe after painting the green. The kids did an awesome job, and there were MANY amazingly decorated shoes. If you want to buy your own pair, you can get them in plain white or pre-decorated right now at Macy's, or
online.

The coolest thing about last night was the fact that we ordered enough pairs that Blake sent us all our shoes we are donating, and we will be shipping them over to our partner church in Mamelodi, South Africa! We had the shoes there last night, and the kids got to write messages to the children who will be receiving the shoes on the bottoms of the soles. It was awesome to see the encouraging messages the kids wrote.
5 comments:
Awesome, awesome, awesome. That Katie is one awesome high schooler. And PO is pretty awesome for helping making it happen. And your shoes look pretty awesome too. I'd give anything to be there when they hand the shoes out to the kids in Mamelodi!
Love it. Your shoes look great and I love the buttons! Nice touch, fo sho. Wish I could have made it. I hate missing the fun stuff! Not much longer though...
these are fabulous. what a great event.
super cute! and, good for christmas wear!
HEY, Happy Life Day!
I LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment