
Is not necessarily my favorite month of the year. I hate pink. Pink is EVERYWHERE right now. Hundreds of products in the grocery - from
Yoplait to
M&M's - are now adorned with PINK ribbons and pink gimmicks. I HATE the way companies try to look at "concerned" with the issue of breast cancer - why can't they just donate rather than donating
after you purchase the cereal,
candy,
electric mixer or
VACUUM CLEANER. (seriously?!) I am now, however, sucked into this whole business due to the Yoplait Yogurt peeps... Their packaging says they will donate 10 cents towards the cure when you mail back in the lids. TEN CENTS FOR EACH LID. Up to 1.5 million dollars. Will people really mail the lids back?! Ten measley cents?! They said they would do a minimum of $500,000. So now I am intrigued. I am saving my lids. This is so pathetic, but geeze, I have to. The guilt of throwing them away is too much. We'll see if I go through with it. I wonder if there is a way to check and see if they indeed do receive TEN MILLION lids back in order to donate the extra one mil. insane. I wonder if they even produce 10 million containers of yogurt in the next few months..... interesting.
2 comments:
I'll give you my lids, that way the amount that postage costs us will not be more than the lid contributions.
I was at Kroger today and thought of you when I saw the cardboard box/stand thing to put your lids in! Now you don't have to worry about mailing them, you just have to remember to take them to the store when you go. There, I've done my good deed for the day.
Post a Comment