It is now approaching day 15 of Paul and a huge group of my good friends being gone. (including my BFF's the Little's and the Peters and Beth!) I have been doing well - Mom came to visit, Jenn and I have seen each other almost every day, friends like the Ranson's have had me over for dinner, the Schaludeckers helped me move into my new studio, I ate Indian food with April, went to a July 4th cookout at Erin's, hung out with an old friend, Burgy, visited with one of my CSM girls who had her tonsils taken out, etc., but now I am hitting my breaking point. I WANT THEM HOME, DANGIT. I am tired of being alone in my house! I am tired of eating weird meals by myself! Now that I have moved into my new studio at the Wedding Mall without Paul there to see it all happen, IT JUST FEELS STRANGE. Its like my life has taken a whole new turn and PO has not been there to experience it with me. ugh.
I am so excited for their return, but I am also a little anxious - its going to be weird to hear all the stories and not be a part of the excitement. Especially since everyone went this year for two weeks - they are going to have experienced all this amazing life change and I have just been here home in the 'nati, plugging away at work and being a part of the normal grind... I know I am going to feel left out. Big time.
5 comments:
Amo -- I miss you so much. This morning I found myself daydreaming about going home. Home to regular food (not the hot dog sandwich we had today), home to bathrooms with toilet seats, and home where things don't smell terrible like they do around here. It's been wonderful, but I have missed you!
Saturday! We'll be home SATURDAY!
Hey AMO...Just popping in to say HEY! Your new office space looks AWESOME from the pics...can't wait to see it in person! :o) I can only imagine how lonely you must feel. I bet Saturday can't get here soon enough!
Sorry you are feeling so alone. Soon it will be behind you!
Ha. I am the queen of eating weird meals. I don't really eat meals anymore - I more just eat whenever I feel like it. i.e. dinner last night was Easy Mac and Ben & Jerry's ice cream. Healthy!
Oh Aim - this makes me so sad, as only about a million times in Mamelodi I thought, "I wish Amy was here!". I missed you tons and I can't WAIT to see the wedding mall. I also could not thank you enough for giving me the peace of mind to leave SD so that I could fully enjoy the experience. Enjoy your time with Paul this week. Love, B
Post a Comment