3.14.2007

amo-ink: the booth.


As you may (or most likely have not) noticed, I have been neglecting my lovely little "wide awake" for some time now. That is in part due to these pics. amo-ink is moving up in the world - - I now have a booth at the "Wedding Connection" located at the Madison in Covington. To make a long story short - its a mini-bridal show featuring the Madison's "preferred vendors." It meets the first Wednesday of the month. I spent a LOT of time spray-painting lamps, designing, printing, collating, and fastening brochures, picking fabric, making that nifty hanging starburst, etc. etc. I had lots of help from friends and fam including: Ang, Jenn, Justy, AP, Rachel, and PO. They are awesome - could NOT have done it without 'em. Overall, I like how the booth turned out. I plan on bringing in my tulip chair next month. There is just so little space, its hard to really make it stand out. Hopefully this will give me some fantastic exposure and LOTS of new clients. (Note that I am located between two fantastic booths - Affordable Wedding Creations - aka: CAKE! free samples! and Chenese Bean - a gorgeous and very talented make-up artist who wants do MY makeup next month. Wacky.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!

Rachel said...

Sweet -- I love how professional everything looks -- that is great!

Anonymous said...

You MADE the starburst thing? That looks super cool. Are there instructions on how to make it online?

I'm immensely jealous of your location next to free cake and people who want to make you even prettier. Yay!

amo said...

Well, I didn't really make it, I bought the mobile thing at Urban Outfitters. Its a photo holder I guess. I just had to decide what I was going to hang from it - which turned out to be die-cut circles from my favorite paper supplier in my logo colors. So I guess I did not make it at all - just clipped the paper to it. It was quite a challenge to engineer how to hang it - PO is excellent at stuff like that. The ceiling is just metal panels, and of course there was no conduit or ductwork to hang it from over my booth - its an exposed ceiling and that stuff is everywhere. Its really nice b/c I am the only booth who has anything hanging from the ceiling - its like the star over the manger, you know?

Jenn said...

because Amo-Ink is the Savior of the stationery industry.

Erin said...

1. the starburst is super-cool and i don't think it matters that you didn't make it, because you had the eye for it. i would see the same starburst at UO and never think of doing that.
2. the whole booth looks fan-tastic! way to go on getting slotted in there. it will rock, fo shizzle.
3. jenn's comment made me cackle with delight.