9.13.2008

Jesus is my friend.

This is quite possibly the best thing I have ever witnessed on the internet. Paul actually woke me up with this blaring in my ear this morning. Needless to say it was stuck in my head all day. You really have to watch the whole thing because the lyrics keep getting better (worse) as the song progresses. VIDEO (click on this).

6 comments:

Erin said...

I love...

1-"He's one that will never leave you flat"

2-"He's like a mountie who always gets His man, and He'll ZAP you any way he can"

3-the fact that he describes the music they are playing as "rock n roll"

4-the way they are all gathered around the piano that no one is playing

I miss the 1980s.

Jenn said...

i don't even know what to say. i cannot even believe this took place. erin's comment was followed by a several minute debate about what decade this happened in. 70s? maybe early 80s? who knows.

UNREAL.

Where are they now?

Beth Skillman said...

I love the comment that the backup singers should breakaway and form their own group - The Daughters & Sons of Sonseed. It is hard to believe that everything that had to go so very wrong to make this video possible, did occur. I am guessing VERY early 80's. Unfortunately I was an eyewitness to the very early 80's. I think my Mom had that blue dress the older backup singer is wearing.

Jenn said...

p.s. ever since this post, all justin or I have to do is sing "Jesus is my friend" for the other to have this stuck in our head THE ENTIRE DAY. IT IS SO CATCHY IT IS TERRIBLE

amo said...

SERIOUSLY. PAUL THINKS ITS HILARIOUS TO START PLAYING THE SONG AT ANY GIVEN MOMENT.

Also, isn't it funny that when referring to Jesus, songs (and other things) say "I've a friend in Jesus." I would never say, "I've a friend in Jenn Wilkey." strange. Why is that?

Kim said...

This. is. amazing. How have I gone on through life without this song? However, I think my favorite part of the video is the portly man on the right of the singing quartet. B/c he seriously could not BE any less thrilled to be there, like his wife dragged him to perform this dumb song. Hee!!!