9.09.2008

6 YEARS!

Sunday was Paul and I's 6 year wedding anniversary! It seems crazy that we have been married that long, except that it does feel like a long time since our wedding. A LONG time. It seems like we were little kids... Anyway, we treated ourselves to a fun weekend staying at the Willis Graves Bed & Breakfast in Burlington KY. It was the nicest b&b I have ever been to. (I actually haven't been to that many, but nonetheless, it was awesome.) We had the most relaxing time, and the yummiest breakfast ever. I would highly recommend this place:Being married to Paul is the best. I can't imagine living life without him. Looking at this pic just makes me happy.Yes, Paul had hair 6 years ago. (He actually still has hair, he just shaves it off daily.) What a cute little couple we are.

Since I am in the wedding industry, people often ask me what I would do now (for the wedding itself - not who I would marry) if I were to get married again. Honestly, I think I would choose to do a lot of the same things: wedding at the historic Vanderburgh County Courthouse, have Aunt 'Nita make my dress, do my own invitations, live music, heavy hors d'oeuvres, cheesecake, etc. But I would hire a better photographer, perhaps a videographer, a wedding planner for a "day of" service, and definitely a makeup artist. (no offense, Kara.) We did have some pretty nifty ideas. I realize now how innovative we were with our wedding!

8 comments:

CH3NO2 said...

Wow! congrats on the six years!



So did you eat your breakfast in bed?

Jenn said...

i love that pic of you two. You look so excited!! You looked gorgeous. CONGRATS ON 6 years! I really want to try that B&B.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS, it was a beautiful day. Especially when you made everyone cry with your personalized vows. Paul is doing a good job fitting into our CRAZY family. Congrats to you too Paul

amo said...

Thanks guys! Yes, I think Paul is fitting well into our crazy fam.

No Mikey, we did not eat breakfast in bed, but you can have it delivered to you if you want.

You guys should come up sometime - I would deliver breakfast to you and Christiney in bed if that's what it takes!

Kim said...

Aww, congratulations.

I've often heard about having a good photographer...that's the most common thing I've heard! Good to know!

Anonymous said...

I will come up for breakfast in bed!

didi said...

Congrats on 6 years! We're in year 6, too! love it. And love the picture of you two on wedding day! That was before we were both corrupted by the wedding industry! haha

Unknown said...

dad & mom O
Congrats on 6 years!
It brings wonderful memories. You two are a great couple...we love you both very much