7.27.2008

last coupla weekends...

This weekend and last were quite busy. We had family reunions to attend on both sides on the family, in two different corners of the Hoosier state. It was a good time. A few photos below:First and foremost, we finally got to see Grandma, in her NEW home, Evansville, Indiana. We got to spend a few hours with her before her physical therapy, before the Hartmann family reunion started. She looks fantastic, and has a great attitude. She is so happy to be (finally!) near her family. I hope to visit her as much as possible - but in the meantime I have been calling her a lot.
The Hartmann reunion was a blast. Mom and two of her cousins did a fabulous job putting it together. Pictured above are 5 (of the 7) VIPs. Bob, Donny, Pauline, Rita, and Vernie. My maternal grandmother, Dorothy, is the only one of the 7 who has passed away. To get an idea of what she looked like, just take the three ladies pictured above and morph them into one. My great-aunts totally freaked me out all day long - they each remind me of grandma so much. Great Uncle Buddy was at home in Texas, not able to attend. I got to meet several of my second cousins that live in Cincinnati - - who knew!? We are totally going to hang out.
The Robertson family reunion was yesterday in Lebanon, Indiana. This was Paul's paternal grandmother's side of the fam. It was yet another good time of family bonding. Here is PO with 4 of his 6 nieces and nephews. Cerella is the little one - only 6 weeks old!
These are Aunt Anita and Uncle Tom's new little Boston Terriers, Rocky and Sampson. TOO CUTE. I love these puppies. They were quite well behaved - they didn't even jump up on me. The last Boston Terrier I was around nearly drove me insane with all his jumping and breathing on me.
My niece Autumn and I. She was so huge I couldn't believe it. I guess the last time I saw her was Christmas? Crazy. We had a lot of fun on the merry-go-round.
Saw this sign on the way home. What an unfortunate name - do you pronounce it "Glob's?"
Speaking of globs and gunk - - this sign is for CH3NO2 - - help me out here, Mike. All of a sudden these signs showed up all over Cincinnati this week. What does this mean? If you use Shell gas you won't have gross gunk clogging your toilet that gets all over your plunger? I don't think so. They are trying to tell me that their gasoline is not "gunky" but what they hey is that device? It doesn't mean much to me if I don't know what is getting all gunky. Bad marketing, I think. Does everyone else on earth know what this is?? Or is it marketed to mechanics only?

7 comments:

Patrick said...

I'm not much of a mechanic, but if you really want to know, the image is an engine valve. Inside an internal combustion engine, they allow the air/gas mixture in and another valve on the other side lets the exhaust out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piston_engine_valve#Internal_combustion_engine

Jenn said...

our bathroom plunger always looks like that. justin's fault, really.


woohoo! web access at convention! yippeee!!!!

great post. good times these last few weeks!!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! YAY for family reunions.

Kim said...

Cute pictures. I agree - I really hate that Shell ad. I think it's really ugly and it really doesn't make me want to go to a Shell - I'll totally just look for wherever is the cheapest location!

CH3NO2 said...

Shell has good! Cheap gas bad, and that is all you need to know:) no really

CH3NO2 said...

not has! gas

Anonymous said...

Mikey is WEIRD!