5.23.2008

JERSEY BOYS

Wednesday night I had the opportunity to go see the musical Jersey Boys with a friend. I was definitely excited to go, but a little hesitant since sometimes musicals can get on my nerves and my last musical experience (The Color Purple) was not so good. Well, this show was more than a pleasant surprise! I absolutely adored the music, the story line was interesting, and it was very fast-paced. What I thought was the most amazing was the fact that in normal everyday life, if I would have heard the songs "Big Girls Don't Cry" or "Walk Like a Man" I would have screamed in revulsion and changed the channel immediately. But I was sitting here watching this show, riveted, wanting more of these songs. The falsetto voices (esp of Frankie Valli) were unbelievable. Go see this show. You will not be disappointed!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

hmmm...i'm not sure I'm convinced. Maybe I'll check it out. I LOVE your photo booth pic tho. Maybe you should put that on your facebook profile.

Beth Skillman said...

You are quite the theater goer these days! I am also speechless regarding the disturbing "lightbulb eating" photo. I did not think that you could produce a photo more disturbing than the one below it with the giant eyeballs. Well done.