- When you're too busy, ask for help. I enlisted PO to now be in charge of amo-ink accounting. He comes in on Saturday mornings for about 90 mins and pays bills, updates receipts, makes deposits. I think I have died and gone to heaven. We actually know how much I made last year - it's pretty impressive if I don't say so myself....
- Don't look like ass on Tuesdays. Tuesdays the wedding mall is closed, so I just roll into my office barely showered, hair in a messy bun-ish thing, and no makeup or nice clothes. I usually just lock myself in and try to get 8 solid hours of work done. However, yesterday, I had two very promising walk-ins - - I sat and chatted with each for about an hour while hoping that I had brushed my teeth and that the clothes I had scraped up off the floor that morning didn't smell as bad as I looked.
- Hire Steve Hromadka as your realtor. Seriously, not sure what would have happened with the house business if he wasn't walking us through it each step of the way...
- Buy all your office supplies at Staples. I spent over $1000 there last year - yeah, scarey - and now I am a "preferred" customer and get a nifty black card swipey thing that gets me ever better discounts and free delivery. Sweet.
- Don't give up while playing Settlers of Catan. We played Saturday night at the Brol's, and well, it was about the worst game of my life. I had only 3 points and it looked like the game was nearing the end. Finally after a couple good rolls I was able to start buying development cards, playing soldiers, then building cities, acquired largest army, and what do you know, BAM. I was tied for the lead with three others at 9 POINTS. I didn't end up winning, but don't ever give up, man.
- Don't drive down the giant hill on Gilbert Ave with a couple inches of snow coming down hard at 7:10 am. I am not someone how gets freaked out in snowy weather, I know how to drive slow and carefully. This morning I got up at 5:30, looked out my window, saw that the snow was no big whoop, and took off to my step aerobics class at the Y. (no laughing.) Afterwards, it had snowed a good deal more, so I scraped off my car (again) and headed home. I was not nervous, and thought of it as more of an adventure.... Well, I slid about 4-5 times, once slamming into the curb because I was not sure what else to do to make my car stop sliding out of control. It was kinda like bumper cars only real. Hills are bad. Not sure what I did wrong, but fishtailing is not fun. Especially when there is no median, and oncoming traffic.
2.20.2008
learnings....
Life has been busy to say the least. Not only are we going thru the painstaking process of buying a house, but amo-ink couldn't be busier. Rather than typing up a long post, I will just list some of my recent learnings in all this:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
What a newsy blog entry! THe last entry made me nervous though. Ewww I am not nervous on the snow either, but you never know what your car will do. You are at it's mercy! YAY for Paul the accountant!
real life bumper cars. awesome.
a very informative email. your life is exciting.
on to translating more lines of Latin poetry....
it is ALWAYS when I give up on getting ready and go to work looking like "ass" that I get pulled into some meeting or someone stops by to talk to me. ALWAYS. I'm with you -- we shouldn't give up on showering ever.
Good Read! Maybe a best seller
Staples? Really
yes, have some
Post a Comment