1.16.2008

Listening to Q102 these days...

The beginning of the new year is a busy time in the wedding world - a majority of couples get engaged over the holiday season. So with the new year brings all sorts of fun events - - the first being Veils & Cocktails (Jan 30) put on by the Madison. Its a night of loud music, dancing, food, girly martinis, a bridal gown fashion show, and talk about weddings. I get to set up a booth and show my work to the 500-ish brides along with their maids, moms, and friends. Its a LOT of fun - each bride gets a "retro" veil from leftovers at Fabulous Bridal and looks ridiculous - - but they are totally into it. They do this twice a year - I was at the event last July and it was so much fun.
The second event is the Fabulous $50,000 Wedding Giveaway put on by Q102, The Madison, Fabulous Bridal and The Wedding Mall. Its a big deal. Q102 has been advertising the heck out of it, and, since I love hearing the name of my company on the radio, I have been tuning in as much as possible. (which is a little painful since its not necessarily my kind of music. AND, I tend to TURN IT UP rather than DOWN when the commercials are played, which again, is very painful. I am used to NPR - - - no commercials. ugh.) SO, each ad says "The Madison, Fabulous Bridal and The Wedding Mall," and three or four additional vendors that are giving prizes. They even pronounce my name correctly.

So, if you know someone interested in getting married in the next year or so, get them to submit a scrapbook of their relationship - and a written account of their engagement story. Turn it in to Fabulous Bridal by Feb 8th at 5:00 for their chance to win. They could get a PHAT stationery package from amo-ink worth a thousand bucks. sweet.

So tun into Q102 so you can hear amo-ink. Hey! Its on RIGHT NOW!

5 comments:

Jenn said...

FUN!
This is all so exciting. I have heard parts of the ad while channel surfing in the car. I hope this brings you a ton of business!

Beth Skillman said...

Because I have a 9 year old girl, I listen to Q102 A LOT. It has been really fun hearing your name on the commericial. They play it a lot and he does pronounce it correctly. Very cool.

Jenn said...

um, new post, please. This one has expired.

Jenn said...

um, new post, please. This one has expired.

Rachel said...

love the photo booth of the day -- you look like a cartoon!