1.24.2008

BUSY.

Everyone kept saying "it will get busy after the new year" but for some reason it didn't sink in. Now it is definitely sinking in. Its true, everyone and their mom gets engaged over the holiday season, and bam! after the new year its time to get started planning that darn wedding. However, there are also lots of brides who did not get engaged over the holidays, but perhaps late summer or fall, and don't get their act together until the new year. I think those are the ones I am working with mostly now. Weddings in April are KILLING me right now. People forget they have to mail their invitations 6-8 weeks before, add in design time, addressing envelope time, and I needed to have started on those in OCTOBER - - NOT JANUARY. Ugh. Its exciting, nevertheless. There are just not enough hours in this week for all I have to get done....

I am also now on The Knot, (its associated Party Spot, and Wedding Channel), Bride and Groom Planner, and Cincinnati Wedding Magazine. The leads are rolling in!

Oh yeah, if you are in Kenton County KY, I am going to be featured in the local "Recorder" newspapers next week. There should be a photo. And an ad in the wedding insert of the KY Enquirer..... geeze.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, CONGRATULATIONS. Wish I could help with the CRAZINESS!

Rachel said...

YEA! Let me know if you need to do dinner and an assembly party sometime soon -- we would love to come over and help. I am so proud of you. Just take it one project at a time.

Beth Skillman said...

Wow. I linked to that Knot website and holy cow! I cannot believe what big business weddings have become. And to think, I left it to a bunch of Mexican strangers to plan and run mine! It is funny to think back and realize that the ONLY thing I really put any serious thought into were the invitations to the reception in Cincy - and they were cool.

Jenn said...

amy you totally rock. so excited for the biz.