
I know you will think I am crazy, but I LOVE football - PRO football that is. (For some reason I have never gotten into college - probably because my alma mater was known for being the worst team in the country after fellow alumnus David Letterman featured their follies on a regular segment on his show in the late nineties....) Today was a fantastic football day. I have been sitting here watching all day (while folding laundry...) The Bengals are BACK - so is Chad Johnson. It was a fantastic game - almost no mistakes - it was quite beautiful, actually. I get tired of fair-weather fans - a friend even told me today at church that he gave away his game tickets b/c he was tired of seeing them lose. ERG. Then I spent time watching the 49ers win in overtime - it was so exciting - both teams almost winning multiple times. The 49ers are the team I followed most as a kid - dad LOVED them for some reason - I am sure it had to do with Joe Montana... Then that game ended in just enough time to see the Bears win in overtime as well. Now I am off to watch my favorite tv show - - don't laugh - - 60 Minutes! When that's over it will be the Patriots game... nice.
4 comments:
WOW, you take after your dad in that area.
no joke.
I did love that Bengals game yesterday. Wowee. Who Dey!
I just think I love a good sports story no matter what - especially when the underdog wins. like saturday night for instance, even tho they beat my alma mater, which was sad, i was just a tad bit proud of Xavier for kickin the pants off a big ten team. They wanted it more than we did. Now hopefully our Hoosiers will use that loss to build on for the future...
A comfy couch, Bengals Football and 60 Minutes. Life does not get much better than this. I love when they have the commercials for 60 Minutes during the second football game on Sunday and you know you have that to look forward to. Seriously, there are few sounds I love more than the ticking of the 60 minutes stopwatch. It's just all so comforting. I am so with you on this one.
Chad Johnson should quit his showboating, especially since the Bengals are like 4-7 this year and he hadn't scored a TD since Week 2 (until last weekend). That's my beef with him. And I think selfish Bengal players are part of the reason they've fallen apart this year. But that's just my opining on this very important topic of football, which I also heart! Gotta love when you have a good college game and a good NFL game on Thursday night to start off the weekend right!
Post a Comment