10.14.2007

Grandma would roll over in her grave...

DREW CAREY is the next Bob Barker? How did I miss this news? They began taping shows in August, and his debut show is TOMORROW. Word on the street is that he is closing out the show with Bob's famous "have your pets spayed and neutered" line. Crazy. I can't imagine how Grandma Kissel would react to the news - I can't remember a visit to her house where we didn't watch Price is Right or Wheel of Fortune.... She loved Bob just as much as she loved guessing the prices of basic household items such as Nestle Instant Coffee, Vlasic Pickles or ANEWCAR! In my mind, I guess, I thought Bob would do the show until he died, then the show would be over. The end. I never considered him retiring. Its a strange world without Bob Barker on The Price is Right. Very strange. Tomorrow is my day off - one guess what I will be watching at 11:00 am on CBS.....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is sad. Good thing mom is not here to witness this. Yes, mom would be disapointed because Bob fit the role perfect. Goodlooking, personality, just what women of that time wanted to watch between cleaning, cooking, ironing, etc. I guess the times are changing. They could have chosen a tall handsome dude!

amo said...

Good point mom! They should have hired Dad. The only thing he is missing is the height. :)

Anonymous said...

Now, he would have had the gift to gab. Yeah, the height is missing though.

Jenn said...

Please update your blog after TPIR today and let us working folk know how it went. Sooo curious!

amo said...

funny - it took me a whole 90 seconds to figure out what TPIR meant. I am a dork.