
It's a known fact that Paul loves, loves, loves Scrabble and is good, good, good at it. He emphatically spoke of his domination in the game over the Beyer and Kissel families in his short stint in Mom's
birthday video. We have played a few times over the course of our marriage, with yours truly only winning once - on our honeymoon. I always felt like PO was a "mean" player, always going for the throat and scoring 30+ points on silly two letter words you've never heard of on triple word scores and the like. I always felt dumb playing with PO, and thus didn't really try too hard - always knowing that I would lose - I would put down whatever cute/funny/available word I happened to have. I was consistently beat by 200-300 points. It was not fun. At all. Well, we brought the darn game along with us on our recent trip to Asheville, and after driving up to the peak of Mt. Mitchell (rather than hiking the 11.5 miles round trip) we decided to play a game on the top of the highest mountain east of the Mississippi. I am not sure if it was the elevation, the crisp breeze, the bright sunshine or the yummy cheese and crackers we were eating, but it suddenly occurred to me to try. "I know how to play this game, dangit, I am gonna play like Paul," I thought. And play I did. I beat his butt, thank you, by one beautiful point.

We then had to play best of three, and well, he won the other two, but the games were close. VERY close. After we got home, we played twice more, and I won that second game, thank you. The tables have turned, PO....
3 comments:
YAY for you AMY!
I am so Happy you put him in his place! Now...it is time for Yovie to BEAT him!!!!!!!!!! Watch out Paul...you are beatable!
Paul sounds like my best friend... she's a maniac at that game!
Right on for showing him who's the Scrabble boss... (well, ok... for the day, at least! lol)
AWESOMENESS.
Post a Comment