
So, last night was my amo-ink "open house" at the wedding mall, and it was a BLAST. I had over 40 friends/family members show to support me in this big step for my biz. It was awesome. There were two FANTASTIC surprises as well - at around 11:30 am there was a photographer from the Enquirer taking pics of my in my spacewhen I heard a large group of people chatting outside my studio - I glanced behind me and saw Paul's Aunt Anita! I took a double take and then noticed Uncle Tom, Grandma Phyllis, and my father-in-law, Dan - - FROM INDIANAPOLIS! I was so surprised - Anita then pulled the invitation from her purse and said, "Well, we got this invitation and we take invitations seriously!" It was great - I got to spend a couple hours with them, and we ate lunch at Proverbs. I called my mom to tell her about the awesome surprise, and she said, "I wonder what other surprises are in store for you today.." Hmmmm. That was my first clue thatSo, last night was my amo-ink "open house" at the wedding mall, and it was a BLAST. I had over 40 friends/family members show to support me in this big step for my biz. It was awesome. There were two FANTASTIC surprises as well - at around 11:30 am there was a photographer from the Enquirer taking pics of my in my space perhaps she was on her way here. Later I was trying to send her a picture through my phone and it was not working. So, I called her to tell her I was emailing it to her. She then said, "don't feel bad if I don't write you back - you know how busy it gets around here." HA HA. Like that ever stopped mom from emailing me before. I pretty much then knew she was on her way - I went and told my friend Jocelyn (of Zoe Custom Cosmetics) the funny things mom said - she asked me what time I expected them - "around 5" I said. Sure enough, about 4:45 they strolled in: Mom, Dad, Aunt Linda, Mike and Christine. Fantastic. Thanks to EVERYONE who showed up. It really meant a lot to me to have so much support from you all - not just last night but in each step along the way as I have been working on building my own small business. THANKS!

Mike and Christiney acting silly as usual!

family photo at the amo-inkdom

Dad getting a massage from Stephanie for an "official" Madison photo shoot!

ribbon cutting "ceremony"

Aunt Linda & me
3 comments:
dood. the pics don't work. maybe its me?
We are all so proud of you!
love the silly pic through the bookshelf. Well, I love silly pics in general.
Amy, the open house was AWESOME! We all enjoyed it! Congratulations!
Post a Comment