It really bothered me when an aquaintance asked yesterday "whose butt did
you kiss?" when finding out there were two different articles published about me in the Enquirer this Sunday.
- How rude! @#!%$&!
- Why does it always come down to having had kissed someone's butt?
There are lots of ways to get free advertising, one of which is to send a simple press release to local papers telling them about recent happenings. That's all. No kissing any butts, but taking advantage of the system that has been in place for well over a HUNDRED YEARS - the local newspaper. It was relatively easy - - and FREE - - there were two articles on Sunday, from two very different angles. First, a piece on the Marketplace page of the Business section
here, second, a shopping piece in the Local section of the Kentucky version of the Enquirer
here.
I got a phone call from a nice lady reading the paper on her back porch in Hyde Park around 10:00 Sunday morning - she wanted to offer her calligraphy services. I also got an email late last night from another calligrapher offering their services. Interesting. I hardly had the heart to tell them I do calligraphy myself - but asked both to send copies of their work.
It seems to all be going so fast now - I am struggling to stay on top of design with a whole pile of new jobs coming in that need proposals, etc. It's fun. Very fun. I love it.
And I am NOT kissing any butts. gross.
4 comments:
Be prepared to get comments from all kinds of people...some nice and some not. That is the way it is. Mostly the Nots are jealous or mad at the world. You ROCK and don't forget it.
Wow! That is SO RUDE! People amaze me sometimes. Who says things like that?!?!
Any - congrats on the paper features! You are awesome and deserve it!!
I love it that we were both in the paper the same week. I was in the west side and east side journals (who gets those papers anyway?). In one, I was on the FRONT and BACK sides of one page - one for going to europe with students and one for greeting kids on the first day of school in the parking lot with the other teachers. FUNNY.
YOU ROCK. PEOPLE ARE RUDE.
That is unbelievable. Seriously, who even says that?!? Also, it is fun whenever you get in the paper (well, unless it's on the police blotter), but it is REALLY fun that the Beyer Twins were rep-re-sent-en last week. Rawk.
Post a Comment