7.03.2007

The Wedding Mall!

This is a big week for amo-ink! Thursday will be my first "official" day working at the Madison Avenue Wedding Mall! There has been a LOT more work involved than I had originally anticipated, and Jenn has been a LIFESAVER helping me out since PO is out of the country. Pictured below - last week - PO and I assembling the IKEA furniture we purchased in Canton Michigan:
Next, a more "finished" space - Jenn helped hang the BLIK on the wall, also helped hang the frames of my work, organize all my piles of paper, supplies, punches, files, etc. The lighting situation in the space is a little weird right now, I need to add more lights to the track above, and move them around so there are silly hot spots like in the photo. I also need a cute centerpiece for the table, and my SIGN should be complete today or Thursday.The last big items on my list are:
1. Purchase / pick up / deliver my office chair this afternoon.
2. Get the cushion completed for my tulip chair that is going in the space! Someone is coming out to look at the chair and take measurements on Thursday. I am using the same fabric as pictured on the tulip chair below, but red is brown and the orange is light blue. Such a great fabric! Unfortunately my chair is not as white and shiny new as this one. Its a little yellow...
3. Move my computer and printer in - and start working!

8 comments:

Jenn said...

all is gorgeous. i love the new space. you are going to love working there!

Jenn said...

P.S. If the chair cushion person doesn't work out, one of my work friends who is handy with a cushion would work on it with me, she said it would be no problem.

April said...

The space look really great! I'm working on finding a husband...as soon as I do I'll have some business for you!

Lunch Sunday sounds fab...I'll see ya at church!

Kyle & Sara said...

YAY! Congrats Amy...as soon as you're officially in I'll stroll on down to visit on my lunchbreak!

I'm so excited for you!

Rachel said...

AWESOME! I LOVE IT! The BLICK on the wall looks amazing. I can't wait to see it in person.

Steve said...

I think this might be a cheap way to make your chair all sparkly white again:

Krylon Paint for Plastics

erin said...

hey amy, i love the fabric. i was reading rachel's blog then linked over to yours and even your friend april (who i've never met)...i haven't even been to mamelodi yet but i feel sad thinking of not being there - wow is that crazy!?! i'm afraid i'm going to get depressed coming back. anyway, just wanted you to know i'm thinking of you and the others who are staying back this year and how hard it must be...i feel God is going to really grow you even though it won't feel as good though. e bullard

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! I can't wait to see it tomorrow in PERSON!