
PO called me last night from South Africa! He was exhausted from the 60+ hours of travel where he only got about 4-5 hours of sleep. He said he was slurring his words and not completing sentences due to lack of rest. It was great to be able to hear his voice and catch up on the days we've been apart. He got the chance to reconnect with the family we stayed with there last year - pictured above. (Shelia left, Joy right.) Meeting Joy was my favorite part of the trip last year - we became great pals over the week - chatting about her life as a kid in Africa. I am so sad I do not get to see her this year - but Rachel is there and I trust she will shower lots of love and hugs on her. She is an amazing kid.

Its weird being home alone. I cry every stinking time I read a blog post.
Rachel's,
Carole's, and
Crossroads' blogs are giving me plenty of opportunities for that. I keep asking God what I am supposed to learn this year from staying home - no clarity yet. I feel sort of empty - especially knowing what several of my close friends are experiencing this week and next... Its funny - I am trying to enjoy whatever part of Paul being gone that could be good. For example, I splurged at the grocery a bit yesterday, buying a bunch of foods he would not eat, expensive snacks I would normally not buy, mocha chip Graeters, and heck, a bottle of wine. I thought it might be sort of a fun extravagance to have a glass of wine with dinner the next couple of nights... I think last night was the first time I have
ever had an alcoholic beverage while by myself at home. (weird.) Last night I also made time to watch a favorite show, 60 Minutes, which I normally forget to watch. That too made me cry with a gut-wrenching story of a
woman's survival during the genocide in Rwanda.... just more to remind me that I AM NOT IN AFRICA. Its not that bad really - I have a wonderful sister who has been an ANGEL - helping me prepare my booth at the
Wedding Mall. Also, I have dear friends who have been helping me as well. More on that later - (pics too!) Its just weird to be getting ready for such an exciting time in my business without Paul around....
3 comments:
I know just how you feel Amy...minus the Paul part that is. I just keep crying every time I read another blog post. It's really hard to be here and know what we're missing out on over there. I didn't think it would bother me as much as it has. I have faith that we will both have the chance to return to Mamelodi.
Glad you got to talk to PO! I finally broke down and started my own blog...and one of the first posts is about missing Mamelodi. Go figure.
amo -- we love you and miss you too. Some of the kids wanted us to give them "american names" today -- the first one I gave was Amy -- I said to me it meant "great friend".
We love you --- thank you for cheering us on and praying for us.
RP
wow, rachel. that was the sweetest thing ever.
thank you.
Post a Comment