6.05.2007

"Outie" the Wonder Fish


We are the proud owners of a fish. Who's name is Outie. Paul named it after his recently-operated-on belly button. J gave little Outie to Paul as a get-well gift after his surgery. He wanted Paul to have someone to keep him company while I was away at work. What a sweet gesture. I am not sure what Paul and Outie talk about while I am gone, but I am sure it's quite interesting.

5 comments:

Jenn said...

how thoughtful of J! Cool idea. neat fishbowl. I promise to watch him for you guys when you go out of town. I won't complain, and I'll walk him as many times as he needs.

Outie is, um, adorable, I guess. DON'T LET HIM GET YOU, AMY. STAY AWAY FROM THE BOWL.

Anonymous said...

Outie is adorable even though I thought he was dead in the photo. I guess it was because he was not swimming. Hope Paul is recovering and will soon be up and doing jumping jacks.

Rachel said...

LOVE the fish. I also love that J was PUMPED to give it to Paul.

Can't wait to meet him (how do you know it's a him?)

amo said...

we actually don't know if Outie is a boy. Its just a guess. maybe we should get him a companion. I just glanced back at him and he is lying on the rocks at the bottom of the bowl. Not dead, but definitely bored.

Beth Skillman said...

If he was dead he would be floating at the top - I have some experience here. Get him a toy instead of a companion. Otherwise you could end up with little Outies.