6.17.2007

He's a Wheaten Terrier!



The nice owner of the cutie pictured in the post below nicely answered my email regarding the dog! Her name is RUDY and she's a Wheaten Terrier! Here is her response:

Hi Amy,
Thanks! That's my Rudy. She's a wheaten terrier. She was just a pup there, they lighten as they get older. She is amazing- as are all wheatens. They don't shed, they are super friendly and just happy dogs- great for apartments. And they pretty much are the cutest ever if you don't groom them in the traditional way.
take care, julia


I definitely want one. Nice and shaggy - yet no shedding. I think someone should breed one with a poodle. That would definitely be a recipe for cuteness.

Julia, owner of the dog, is a talented artist and illustrator. Check out her portfolio, company website, and blog!

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Was the dog PINK in the original picture? It just kinda looks pink to me. I love the grown up version even more -- VERY CUTE dog.

I wonder if they are lazy. My next dog is definately going to be lazy.

Anonymous said...

Heh. It also looks kind of pink to me - good to know it wasn't just me thinking that.

That dog is adorable. Terriers are great dogs. You should think about it!

Anonymous said...

Oh - I just read on wikipedia their coats start out as red or a mahogany color. So that makes sense!

amo said...

yeah, I am glad he changes color. I hate pink.

Beth Skillman said...

These are soooo cute. I am sure there is a poodle mix version - A Wheatie-Poo! I am concerned about your issues with the color pink though. Childhood trauma? Pink room, with pink furnishing and matching pink twin outfits perhaps?

Rachel said...

Sounds a lot like my adversion to purple. I don't know why -- I just can't stand it.

wearing a pink shirt today,
R

amo said...

Not sure why I don't like pink. Mom never dressed me in pink - it was always blue for me, purple for jenn. Our bedroom was yellow growing up... I always just thought you were expected to like pink if you were a girl and it bugged me. I also tried to be very un-girly in college b/c the architecture program was all dudes... maybe that is when it happened. Maybe it reminds me of Pepto Bismol and I hate throwing up? Who knows....

Jenn said...

i think its because girls are supposed to like pink.

you are very "anti-" in general.

it cracks me up. Pink is sometimes used very well, but it can be overdone, especially when you are around high school gals all day long.

PURPLE IS MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE. NOT SURE IF WE CAN STILL BE FRIENDS, RACHEL.