3.28.2007

I'm an ORTHODOX QUAKER?!?

Yes, folks, its true. Well, at least according to belief.net's "BELIEF-O-MATIC!" It's a 20 question quiz that politely asks you questions about your beliefs in God, why there is evil in the world, social issues, etc., and then spits out the religion that your beliefs MOST correspond with. It was challenging to ponder each question and determine what I think I believe about Creation, the afterlife, etc. I also discovered that I really didn't have a strong opinion on several of those very issues. It even lets you check a box to determine exactly how important a specific issue is to your belief system. At the end of the quiz I received a list of 27 different "religions" - in order of how much they have in common with my professed beliefs. So, the religion that most closely corresponds with my apparent belief system? ORTHODOX QUAKERISM. Thankfully "liberal protestantism" was number two, but seriously folks, what answer did I give that made that #1? I have GOT to learn more! Are there even Quakers out there these days? See the list below for my results. Fascinating. Let me know how you score!

1. Orthodox Quaker (100%)
2. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (90%)
3. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (89%)
4. Bahá'í Faith (83%)
5. Seventh Day Adventist (79%)
6. Liberal Quakers (75%)
7. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (66%)
8. Jehovah's Witness (62%)
9. Eastern Orthodox (56%)
10. Roman Catholic (56%)
11. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (54%)
12. Unitarian Universalism (54%)
13. Orthodox Judaism (48%)
14. Jainism (47%)
15. Islam (46%)
16. Theravada Buddhism (44%)
17. Reform Judaism (44%)
18. Mahayana Buddhism (43%)
19. Sikhism (42%)
20. Taoism (40%)
21. New Age (38%)
22. Neo-Pagan (35%)

23. Secular Humanism (35%)
24. Nontheist (34%)
25. New Thought (32%)
26. Hinduism (29%)
27. Scientology (22%)

5 comments:

Jenn said...

mmmm...oaty.
check my blog dood.

Anonymous said...

Ha! I actually know a decent amount about being Quaker. I worked at a Quaker college before my current job! It's interesting...I'll have to tell you more the next time I see you.

Beth Skillman said...

This is so crazy. We went to Passover at a friend's house last night and the girl sitting next to me (who is a college roomate of our host's niece) is a Quaker! I had a fascinating conversation with her about her religion. We will have to discuss. BTW, it is not the long skirt, hair in bun wearing religion.

Steve said...

Interesting quiz. As most of these things go, I think the way they word some of the questions skews the results, but then again . . . I might just be trying to avoid wearing those nifty nickers and the powered wig. ; )


1. Orthodox Quaker (100%)
2. Eastern Orthodox (94%)
3. Roman Catholic (94%)
4. Seventh Day Adventist (91%)
5. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (90%)
6. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (77%)
7. Orthodox Judaism (63%)
8. Bahá'í Faith (61%)
9. Hinduism (61%)
10. Islam (60%)
11. Liberal Quakers (60%)
12. Sikhism (51%)
13. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (50%)
14. Unitarian Universalism (46%)
15. Jainism (45%)
16. Reform Judaism (40%)
17. Jehovah's Witness (38%)
18. Theravada Buddhism (34%)
19. Mahayana Buddhism (33%)
20. Neo-Pagan (27%)
21. New Age (22%)
22. Taoism (20%)
23. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (18%)
24. Scientology (18%)
25. Secular Humanism (17%)
26. Nontheist (14%)
27. New Thought (12%)

Leslie Ober said...

Hey Amy! What a fun quiz! Here were my top three results:

1. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (100%)
2. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (96%)
3. Orthodox Quaker (88%)