2.20.2007

A simple display of love.

With so much horrible news coming out of Iraq these days, I don't even want to turn the television on. But, no matter what you think about the disaster happening in Iraq right now, this news story will bring a tear to your eye. Regardless of how much we like to talk about how we don't agree with the war, our government's leadership, etc. etc., we all still claim to "support our troops." Tacky yellow magnets on our cars do nothing to show them that we believe in them despite this horrible, horrible situation. This amazing man has gone out of his way to support the troops, and its very inspiring. It's KINGDOM work. Big time. I would love to get involved with something like this in Cincinnati. Any takers?

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Thanks alot. Now I have to go teach with a runny nose and puffy eyes. Wow.

Leslie Ober said...

Wow...what a neat idea! If something like that were coordinated here in Cincinnati, I would love to be a part of that. Keep me posted if anything like this starts here, okay? :o) Thanks for sharing!!

amo said...

I found out that this is not possible in Cincinnati. All troops coming home from their 2 week R&R fly through either Atlanta or Dallas/Ft. Worth. No times or dates are given out as to when they will arrive, so these people just wait around all day. the DFW airport as consolidated all troops to come through the same gate so that they may be greeted. The troops then would take other flights home to their respective cities.