
Folks, this is something that has been on my mind all week. I pretty much created the blog so that I could blog about this:
CAMPBELL'S SOUP AT HAND IS THE SINGLE MOST DISGUSTING THING I HAVE EVER EATEN. DO NOT PURCHASE IT.
I feel that this is an important public service announcement you should all listen closely to. PO and I have always joked about the silliness of soup that you drink - when commercials came on for this product, Paul would nearly gag while they showed ladies happily slurping soup while driving, sitting in their office, or taking a walk in the park. I have a friend who used to work for Campbell's, and before she left she gave me a giant box of various soups. Included in the box was a can of this sippable soup. I was curious to try it - but it was months before I mustered up the courage. Last Tuesday the cupboard was bare - except for the lonely can of Italian Wedding Soup at Hand staring back at me. I followed the directions on the can - watched it pop and jump around in the microwave (weird), removed it promptly and let it cool. I went back to my desk to enjoy - except the meal was anything but enjoyable. I took the first sip and little tiny noodles and sausages slid down my throat instantly. I had imagined the soup being pureed - but bb-sized particles were floating in the green broth. It was disturbing. I gagged. Soup is just not made for sipping! I got out a spoon to sample it - maybe it was just the texture turning me off. But no, the taste was not good either. The mouth of the can was too small to appropriately use a spoon anyway, so I dumped it down the disposal. So glad I didn't waste my money on the stuff. You shouldn't either.
5 comments:
Hey congratulations on joining the world of blogging. Thanks for the tip, I was not planning on trying that product and now you CONVINCED me to NEVER try it.
BTW......Did you not like your vitamins when you were little or did you just want to be naughty and hide them behind the couch? I know that is a random question but your story reminded me of that.
Amo, like you, I too have suffered through this terrible product. The broccoli cream version is just as bad. It was a terrible purchase.
Mom - I hated those vitamins! For some reason one kind of the Flinstones you bought tasted nasty. I think they were the orange. I couldn't take it. I was a wimp. We would go hide the gross ones behind the couch. I specifically remember one time when Dad came home from work and he had just gotten a haircut. We always were scared of him for some reason after he got a trim. We were hiding from him behind the couch and we found all those yucky flinstones vitamins!
That is funny Amy. I remember when you were scared of your dad after that ONE haircut. He used to get BAD cuts!
the whole phrase "noodles and sausages sliding down my throat" makes me gag. blaaaah.
Post a Comment