1.17.2007

Hold your wee for a Wii?


I was browsing Google News today and came across this unbelievable article. The contest, instituted by a radio station in Sacremento, offered a free Nintendo Wii gaming system to the contestant who could drink the most water and not "wee." (Lets just all realize for a moment how badly I would do at this....) The second place contestant DIED from water intoxication and now they are firing employees of the station left and right! What can we learn from this? One, we will be sure to add this to the list (along with Chubby Bunny) of silly and/or gross games that may cause death and are thus, not allowed to be played at church youth group fun nights. Second, no more listening to dumb morning radio shows filled with dorky, dangerous dares and flashy prizes. Its frankly, just not worth it. And finally, if you are the one initiating this sort of contest, use your brain.

4 comments:

Erin said...

I did not know that anyone had ever died from Chubby Bunny. This is bad news.

I didn't understand the Wee/Wii contest. Why couldn't they just have everyone drink the same amount of water and see who held it the longest? Not that it's any better, but I don't think that would kill a person. Oh, and I read the msn article where they cited the retail value of the Wii = $250. I feel so sorry for that woman's family. Imagine losing your mom like that. It's terrible.

Anonymous said...

the really unfortunate part about this wee - wii story is that the woman that died didn't even win the contest. so...some other happy family is enjoying their brand new wii...possibly launching their controller through the living room picture window...and the second place loser family not only lost the wii...but they lost their mom too. now that is sad. (and yes...chubby bunny...dangerous. spit + marshmallows + slippery esophagus = death!)

AP said...

Amo,
Is this a backhanded way of saying I need an intervention about my water consumption? You can be truthful with me...

amo said...

AP! I totally thought of you when reading that article. You really need to keep your H2O intake in check. SERIOULY. At Don Pablo's alone I have seen you down two or three pitchers full. sheesh.