1.14.2007

Heeeeellllloooow!

This is my first blog entry, and boy, it is so exciting I can hardly take it... There is quite alot to think about here - picking one of the slightly cheesy templates, choosing a TITLE, finding a picture, figuring out how to POST a picture, selecting fonts, colors - - - its all so overwhelming. Guarantee I will change the format 6 times an hour until I find one I am comfortable gazing upon every day.

SO, rather than hosting a contest for people to guess what the title of my blog means (btw - I still haven't seen those shiny 4 quarters, AP) I thought I would just go ahead and provide you with the answer:

In 2007 I resolve to be WIDE AWAKE. I want to fully be aware of each moment taking place in my life. I want to be aware, each moment, of what God may be trying to teach me, tell me, where he is guiding me, who he is aligning me with, and most importantly, I want to be fully aware of my purpose - to love God and love all people. That's all, and all else will follow. If I am at my best physically, spiritually, mentally, emotionally, I will be aware of Him in each moment. Romans 13:11-14 is an amazing verse that spells it out quite nicely: "But make sure that you don't get so absorbed and exhausted in taking care of all your day-by-day obligations that you lose track of the time and doze off, oblivious to God. The night is about over, dawn is about to break. Be up and awake to what God is doing!" [The Message]

So this blog will be a friendly little reminder to myself to be WAKE UP. Getting absorbed in day-to-day obligations is something I do unfortunately well. This will be my chance to post about those God moments as well as the FUNNY moments I encounter daily.

I will share those WAKING moments with those who feel like reading. . . .

Cool?
cool.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is awesome Amy. I want to be Awake to the message as well. Your blog will be a reminder to me. THANKS!

Last Night Mike and I went to a service at St. Mary entitled "A Call to Peace. A service of THanksgiving for the Life of The Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. WOW, it was so spiritual and AWESOME. THere were Six different churches represented including two Baptist, Church of Christ, First Presbyterian, Methodist, and Catholic. Everyone brought their choir. We had scripture Lessons and Words of Dr. King narrated by this AWESOME person who was almost more of a dynamic speaker that Mr. King himself. Each reading was followed by a different choir. Well, the roof of the church was almost blown off by some of the choirs. It was awesome. THe last song was we shall overcome and the whole church held hands and swayed back and forth while we sang. Mike and I left in AWE.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Amy. This is fun.

One comment - I have to disagree with the idea that sleep is overrated. As you know one of my very favorite things to do is sleep. Is it possible that good sleep helps you be fully awake? Consider one of my favorite verses Psalm 127:2 - "(the Lord) grants sleep to those he loves."

I do get the idea of being fully awake. It's very inspiring.

I'm glad you're blogging - It's fun to read. Krissy

amo said...

Totally agree with you, Krissy. That line is sort of a joke - I used to say it all the time - especially back in the days when I hated work - and tried to lengthen the time between after work and before going to work. I also say that I am a morning person and a night person. Maybe that should be my subtitle. . . . Thanks for posting!