I am now 2 cm dilated (last week I was between 1 and 2), and 70% effaced. Not huge progress, but progress nonetheless. The doc said I am looking good, and she has no reason to believe I should go early... or late. So, if I am still kidless on Monday, they will do the non-stress test and fluid check and all that good stuff to make sure the placenta is still working, his heartbeat is ok, etc. She said she would let me go at least a week over if nothing looks suspicious! So pretty much it's a waiting game at this point.
Paul and I just got back from a movie & Graeter's date. We saw Hurt Locker (whew - it was a doozy) and ate lots of yummy popcorn. Today we also did our lat Babies R Us run (thank God) and got all our final discounts on the stuff we needed, like the hands free breast pump. Goodie. While we were at the mall out in the burbs, we walked by "Treehouse Kids" and saw this monstrosity:
It's a crib "in the round" - with a $1,099 price tag. (The optional chandelier that hangs down inside was an additional $400 - not sure if the frilly sheets are included. Doubtful.) This is wrong on so many levels - not sure where to begin....
4 comments:
Not that I ever doubted them, and not that it would matter really if I did, but the fact that you guys are shocked by this confirms my belief in your good parenting skills.
Amy. Seriously, you would lose the KID in all that fluff!!
Yay for 2 cm!!! SO excited! You will be trotting around with Baby O in no time! Can't wait to hear the news. :-)
Um, it is so funny that you posted this because I also walked by that store a couple weeks ago and saw that crib, and absolutely freaking loved it. I kind of want to make an adult-sized one for myself. I didn't bother looking at the price tags on anything in that store, because, well, I have no money, and clearly, everything was going to be insanely expensive. But they do have a lot of beautiful things there.
Post a Comment