8.20.2009

August 20 = THE DUE DATE.

So today was the day I have been looking forward to for 9 months now - and it's almost over. Chances of me birthing this kid before midnight tonight are slim to none, beings that I have not had a single contraction yet. Looks like the little guy will be "late" although you can hardly say that since this whole 'due date' phenomena is just a major estimation. So, while the little guy is still cooking inside, we decided to indulge and celebrate the day at my favorite place in the world for burgers, Terry's Turf Club:
Jenn and Justin joined us - and Justy wanted to show off his belly too:
My burger with bacon, grilled onions and burgandy wine sauce - just a few more days until I can get the precious goat cheese again!
It was a really fun day - I got to go to my WIN (women's business owners) group for our monthly meeting. I ran to the grocery, and worked a bit from home. I read a lot about labor and deliver in the Bradley Method book, and did some laundry. It's really been a blessing to relax and enjoy myself these last few days. And if the little dude wants to stick around a little longer, I am sure I can keep myself busy. I am not sure I've been bored too many times in my life - that may be kinda fun.

4 comments:

Yovie said...

You always used to say you were bored when you were little! Justin's belly is looking good!

Liz Schlaudecker said...

Happy Due Date! It was so good to see you yesterday, and I hope you enjoy these last few days (or day)! The whole due date thing is so surreal, and I am glad that you are in good spirits despite the waiting!

Heidi said...

you are the second person who talked about Terry's today- I've gotta try it! Actually, the first person was April-we talked about you and your baby while I was getting my hair cut. =)

April said...

Yes Heidi, we did! I love me some TTC! And Amy, that is EXACTLY how I get my burger there, with the giant slab of goat cheese! We are kindred spirits.

And I'm just going to leave my comment here about the hooter hider...I love it! Michelle has one and it is NEAT! I almost want one, even though I don't have a baby to feed, that's how cool they are. Ha.