
So, I'm pregnant.
For a good long time in my life, I didn't think I would ever be a parent. While in architecture school, I was all feministy, thinking I would have this fancy architecture career and "who needs to ever have a family?" But of course, my mind changed when I got married - - I always thought it would happen someday - which ended up being 6 years from that point - that Paul and I finally decided to try.
Now we are expecting our first kid, and I am in awe. It's just so amazing that my body is building a little person right now, without my having to do anything. I don't have to remind my uterus, "hey, its time to start building the skeleton - so I will go drink some milk to help you along." No, it just knows what to do. I just can't get over it. It's on auto-pilot. And then in about 6 more months, it will want to make it's presence known in the world, and my body will just let me know its time and (hopefully without too much extra assistance) free itself from my body. The even crazier thing is that my body is also preparing itself to FEED this kid with nourishment that I WILL PROVIDE. Even cooler. Its just all so natural. Organic. Free range. (okay, enough).
I thought I would be super nervous about all this, but right now I am calm, and excited to see how this will all play out. What it will be like to give birth, breastfeed, what the kid will look like, etc., are all questions I am excitedly pondering. Even the creepy drawings of what the baby looks like right now fascinate me... (above - - at 12 weeks)
3 comments:
Yeah, it is all amazing!
nice blog. not so nice pic of me with your hair.
who cares about you being preggers, that PIC OF PO WITH YOUR HAIR IS AWESOME!!
no really, I am SO excited about the pregnancy, as you well know by know. You are such a cute glowing pregnant lady.
Post a Comment