6.16.2008

Under the Beams: Part 2

The concert "under the beams" was better than I could have imagined. It was a beautiful night with the sun setting through the gorgeous tall windows in the second floor room. I was a little nervous walking in - 75% of the crowd was cute elderly people, a very different crowd for OTR. The show did not disappoint, and the cute old folks seemed to enjoy it as well. The drummer is from New Harmony, and it seemed he was right at home with his friends, family and neighbors watching. Karin's voice was perfect, I can't imagine a more beautiful sound. Mom, Dad, Mike and Christine enjoyed it immensely, and bought cd's afterwards. The played the perfect mix of songs, although I could have sat and listened for 4 hours longer... Karin and Linford were so completely adorable, telling stories about the songs and their new love for our cute little town of New Harmony. Read another blogger's eloquent account of the show, and of New Harmony here. The highlight of the evening was when I got the nerve to meet my favorite musicians after the show! Check out Jenn and I cheesing it up below. Obviously, being the rockstars they are, they did not smile for the pic. It's cool that way. I told them I had been a fan since nine-six, was from the area, and now live in Cincy. I introduced them to Paul and told them that he knows them from Cornerstone, and Jenn told them she was married in that very room. They seemed interested enough. I should have put my arm around Karin, I look quite awkward standing there with my arms in front. (What do I do with my arms?) I would only hope I would be that composed meeting Bono someday...In other non-related news, PO and I used the new grill (courtesy of Jenn and Justin) last night. We had gorgonzola/mushroom burgers with grilled asparagus. Yuuuum... The first of many nights of grilling at the Mitt.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!

Jenn said...

yay! I'm so glad everyone got to go. what a great evening.

Rachel said...

great story, very cool that you got to meet them. looks like Karen is thinking that she should put her arm around you, but she's not sure either.