9.04.2007

Yes, I was at the NHRA DRAG RACES this weekend, thank you.

My adorable brother, Mike, has been begging and pleading for us to go to the NHRA finals for years, and well, finally, we said "YES! Now would you please shut up about it!?!" Seriously, this year he made us an actual invitation, and of course I couldn't resist. Those in attendance at the Indianapolis Raceway Park: Paul, me, Mom, Dad, Jenn, Justin, Mike, Christine, Aunt Jackie, Christine's dad, Don, her brother, Mike, and our new friend and exchange student from GERMANY, Lea. It was an unbelievably good time, and I dare say I would do it again.

My favorite kind of race car is pictured above. Its called a TOP FUEL DRAGSTER and it runs on a fuel called Nitro-Methane which even sounds cool. They are loud - and fast. The quickest we saw went a 1/4 mile in just over 4 seconds, and went 330 mph. shoo. Mike totally schooled us on all the types of cars, their fuels, and all the chemistry and mechanics that goes into making something go that ridiculously quick. It was very interesting.

It was a fantastic way to spend a gorgeous Saturday afternoon - the whole family was together doing something COMPLETELY out of the ordinary. Thanks Mikey.

Pics to follow soon of us enjoying the races....

5 comments:

Jenn said...

I had a really good time too! Especially when we were learning about the "chemisty." Very "intesting" stuff.

Anonymous said...

Is someone getting uppity?

Jenn said...

come on, Mom. I went to drag races on Saturday. I need any uppityness I can get, I'm on the bottom of the barrell right now. :-)

Erin said...

OMG. I used to go to drag races about once every month or two when I was a kid. our down-the-street neighbor had a car she raced and I was friends with her kid. We always loved it when the Funny cars would be there. And also, don't some of those cars actually have jet-turbine engines or something? ah, the memories.

Anonymous said...

CH3NO2