5.02.2007

TWIN ETIQUETTE:


Last night Paul and I and a couple friends went to the Save Darfur rally on Fountain Square. (more on that later.) I knew there were lots of high school / youth groups present, and Jenn even told me that she knew people from St. Ursula would be going. About halfway through Nick Clooney speaking, I noticed a group of women nearby pointing, whispering, giggling - - and directing that towards ME! I waited for the student group from St. Ursula to be recognized on stage, and saw this group of noisy women cheer and yell. BINGO. They were from Jenn's school, and they had noticed me. WHY DIDN'T THEY INTRODUCE THEMSELVES?! This bugs me to no end. It is not fun to get pointed and whispered at in public. I had never seen them before, but obviously they knew my TWIN. Lesson for you non-twin folk: if you see the twin of your friend, co-worker, etc., in public GO TALK TO THEM RATHER THAN SNICKER. Jenn experienced this a few years ago at a local restaurant when a whole table of Paul's co-workers from BHDP were snickering at her. I think Justin almost came unglued. We are not a freak of nature, we just have the same DNA. Get over it and be nice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FREAK! Just kidding. I remember how everyone used to stop us at the Mall and everytime we went anywhere and said "ARE THEY TWINS?" DUH. I think it is funny how in such a big city you are noticed like that. Love,

Jenn said...

BTW - NO ONE at work has mentioned it. I find that really odd. :-)